Up-us.info – Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti. These are based on the classic biscotti de Prato, but they are much less sweet and made with whole wheat flour and almond flour. My whole biscotti obsession started with this family recipe for Italian Almond Biscotti. Simple and great tasting -it will quickly become one of your favorites.
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Chip Almond Biscotti is perfectly paired with coffee or hot chocolate, but excellent alone as well! Whisk together the flour and almond flour in a separate bowl. Add the flour mix to the wet ingredients, mixing to combine. You can have Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti
- You need 2 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of almond extract.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coconut shavings.
Made with whole wheat and oat flours, this whole grain biscotti is a nourishing backpack or breakfast snack. Mix in almonds and dried fruits or chocolate chips ( if desired ). Stir in combined flours, salt and baking powder. Chocolate Raspberry Whole-wheat BiscottiA Brown Table.
Whole-wheat coconut and almond biscotti instructions
- Preheat oven to 190℃ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine eggs, oil, sugar and almond extract in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, combine whole-wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and coconut shavings.
- Combine these two mixtures, forming a dough.
- Separate dough in two. Place these two sets of dough onto the parchment paper in two long ‘log’ shapes..
- Bake the mixture for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave ‘logs’ to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut into 1cm thick slices.
- Lay slices flat on the baking sheet and bake for another 10-15 minutes, turning them every 5 minutes.
In a food processor combine whole-wheat flour, almond meal, coconut flour, both sugars, coconut, baking soda, powder, and salt. Place on a lined baking sheet. Brush with a little heavy cream, sprinkle with coconut and top each scone with one almond. Paleo, grain-free biscotti made with coconut flour & almond flour! How about starting this Monday with some crunchy, not-too-sweet, dunkable, easy-to-make biscotti made with coconut flour & almond flour?