Up-us.info – Potato pancakes. The pancake consists of flour, eggs, shredded potatoes and onions. Some people add tomato or cheese to the The British also brought the potato pancake to former colonies such as Zimbabwe. This is a traditional potato pancake recipe, and is a wonderful comfort food.
Preheat skillet and add a couple of tablespoons of Crisco shortening or oil. Polish potato pancakes, known as placki kartoflane or placki ziemniaczane in Polish, are delicious and delightful. You can add to the flavor of your potato pancakes in a variety of ways. You can have Potato pancakes using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato pancakes
- You need 4 of potatoes.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1 pinch of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion.
Potato pancakes, or latkes, are really versatile. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, they can be a side dish for just about any meal or the main course for a light meal. Potato pancakes are such a delicious way to use up leftover mashed potatoes. They have fluffy centers, golden edges, and a little cheese for extra flavor.
Potato pancakes instructions
- Peel all potatoes, then shred on the shredder (I don’t really know the name of that thing , so I add a pic).
- also shred onion, add egg and flour. season with salt and pepper..
- spoon a tablespoon of potato batter , then flat them down so they become thin , fry on frying pan with oil until browned..
- sprinkle with sugar and its ready to eat.
So simple, yet unbelievably tasty, these Classic Potato Pancakes are not to be missed! Follow my simple instructions and make this easy treat today! Potato pancakes are a great breakfast, lunch or dinner side-dish. Simple to make, crisp and tasty they are great eaten hot but can be enjoyed cold. Have them with eggs, meats or salads.