Up-us.info – Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling). You can cook Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling) using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling)
- Prepare 3 cloves (10 grams) of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 piece (30 grams) of Onion.
- You need 175 grams of Ground Pork.
- It’s 2 pieces (200 grams) of Eggplant.
- Prepare 2 pieces of Egg.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Oil.
- Prepare of Iodized Salt.
- You need of Ground Black Pepper.
Meaty Eggplant Omelette (Tortang Talong with Giniling) step by step
- Prepare the eggplant: Wash the eggplant in running water and dry. Get a fork and poke holes on the eggplant. Broil it in the oven until the skin turns brown and meat is soft. Peel off the skin (be careful as it very hot). Mash it a little bit using a fork until it flattens. Set aside. ©homebasedchef.
- Cook the meat filling: Heat oil in the skillet or pan. Sauté the chopped garlic and red onion. Add in the ground pork and continue sautéing. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook until the pork turns light in color. Set aside..
- Prepare the egg mixture: Beat 1 egg in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the eggplant and mix with the egg in a mashing motion. Make sure to spread the eggplant to make space for the ground pork. Add the cooked pork on top and mix in the egg..
- Fry the omelette: Heat oil in the skillet or pan. Hold the stem of the eggplant on one hand and hold the bowl/plate in the other hand. Slide the eggplant mixture into the pan carefully to maintain its form. Fry the omelette thoroughly on both sides..
- Repeat steps #3 and 4 for the remaining eggplant..