Up-us.info – Vegan Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake). You can have Vegan Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake)
- You need 1 package of bot banh xeo (flour).
- You need 1 c. of diced ngo gai (replace onion).
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 1 c. of veg. ham sliced thin strips.
- You need 1/4 of jicama slice thin strips.
- You need 1 of bell pepper sliced thin strips.
- Prepare 2 of carrots shredded.
- Prepare 1 c. of veg. crab meat sliced strips (no pollock = fish).
- You need 2 stalks of celery sliced thin.
- It’s strips of half zuchini sliced thin.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 c. of mushrooms sliced.
Vegan Banh Xeo (Vietnamese pancake) instructions
- Mix bot banh xeo flour and tumeric (came with package) with 3.5 c. Cold water, coconut milk, 1/2 tsp salt. (Image below has ngo gai already).
- Add ngo gai to mixture and set aside..
- Slice thin all vegetables and vegetarian ham and veg. Crab meat. The thinner the quicker it cooks..
- Heat nonstick pan on medium heat. Add 1 tsp oil, place all sliced vegetables and meat in pan leaving middle for the fold..
- Add 1 laddle of banh xeo mix to pan and tilt pan to cover everything..
- Cover pan with lid to cook vegetables. 3 min. Since we cut veg.thin. remove lid when outer rim is slightly brown and pulling from pan, use spatula to fold in half. Done. Eat with vegan fish sauce and salad. Makes about 12 banh xeo or pancake..
- Bot banh xeo cam be bought at the adian stores. There are many varieties. Any will do..
- Can frozen extra mixture to use later..