Turkey Pot Shepherd’s Pie?. Everything you love about Shepherd’s Pie, but this quick and easy version is made in the pressure cooker! Pressure cook the potatoes on top of the filling, then mash, assemble the casserole and serve. Pressure Cooker Shepherd’s Pie + First Look at The Ultimate Instant Pot Cookbook!
Make mashed potatoes: In a large pot over high heat, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. It’s hard to find a more comforting dish than a homemade turkey pot pie. This classic version has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a hearty mix of meat and vegetables. You can have Turkey Pot Shepherd’s Pie? using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Turkey Pot Shepherd’s Pie?
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of cooked chopped turkey(dark or white,or both)*I used dark*.
- It’s 2 of Carrots, chopped.
- It’s 2 of celery stalks,chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of mushrooms, quartered.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of corn.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 cup of mashed potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of turkey stuffing.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- Prepare of butter.
If you avoid making shepherd’s pie because of the many steps and cleanup involved, you will love this Instant Pot version. All of the ingredients are cooked together in the pressure If you use ground or minced beef or turkey, it is more correctly called a cottage pie. Either way, the casserole is delicious! Turkey pot pie is one of my favorite leftover turkey recipes!
Turkey Pot Shepherd’s Pie? step by step
- In a bowl, mix your mashed potatoes and stuffing, set aside..
- In a large pan, heat oil and sauté onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add all your veggies, and cook for about 5-8 min..
- Add your chopped turkey, and season with thyme, salt and pepper..
- Add your chicken stock. Make an empty space in the center of the pan and add your cornstarch and milk. Mix until the cornstarch has dissolved, then mix everything together..
- Cook for another 3-5 min until the sauce thickens..
- Transfer everything to a baking dish. Top with your mashed potato/stuffing mixture..
- Add a few dollops/dabs of butter to the top and bake in oven for 35min @ 400°F..
- After 35 min, set under the broiler on high for 5min to crisp up and brown the top nicely..
- ENJOY 😊.
Made with a creamy turkey filling baked into a pie crust, it is quick and easy to prepare! What’s in a Turkey Pot Pie? Keep it easy on yourself and know that nearly anything that you have can be baked into this pot pie! The turkey shepherd pie could be used with the scraps from Thanksgiving dinner. If using left over yummy turkey gravy add water to loosen and cover pie pan with gravy spread all over pie.