Up-us.info – Kitchri – Yellow Split Pea Rice – Pressure Cooker. You can cook Kitchri – Yellow Split Pea Rice – Pressure Cooker using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kitchri – Yellow Split Pea Rice – Pressure Cooker
- You need 1 c of brown rice dry.
- It’s 2 c of yellow split pea dry.
- It’s 1 lb of breakfast sausage roll.
- It’s 1 lb of bacon.
- You need 1 c of trinity.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- It’s 4 cups of water or broth.
- It’s 1 tbs of Chicken broth powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of creole seasoning.
Kitchri – Yellow Split Pea Rice – Pressure Cooker step by step
- Rinse and soak split peas and rice in hot water in a separate bowl while preparing everything else..
- Chop and cook bacon, add sausage and cook until brown on saute mode/high. Toss in trinity to the meat and oil it created. Cook down scraping the bottom of the pot liner. After onion is cooked add a little water to finish deglazing..
- Add your spices, and broth powder, stir well, add coconut milk and water. Strain the water from the soaked rice and peas, then add to the pot. Cook on high pressure for 22 mins, NR for 5. Mix well and serve..