Up-us.info – Classic Whole Wheat Bread. You can cook Classic Whole Wheat Bread using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Classic Whole Wheat Bread
- Prepare 1 cup of warm water.
- You need 2 tsp of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 2 3/4 cup of unbleached all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
Classic Whole Wheat Bread step by step
- Pour water into large mixing bowl and sprinkle yeast into water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in milk, honey, and oil..
- Add 2 cups of all-purpose flour and salt to wet ingredients and mix..
- Incorporate the rest of the all-purpose flour and the whole wheat flour. Stir until the dough begins to come together..
- Let the dough stand for 20 minutes to give the flour time to absorb the water.
- Knead the dough for 5-10 minutes either by hand on the counter or with the dough hook attachment in a stand mixer. Add all-purpose flour a tablespoon at a time as needed until the dough is no longer sticky..
- Form dough into a ball and turn into a greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot. Allow to double in size (1.5 to 2 hours)..
- Turn dough out onto floured counter top and seperate dough in half. Form each half into 2 balls. Let stand for 10 minutes..
- Grease two 9″x5″ loaf pans. Shape each ball into a loaf by flattening it out into a rectangle with a length of 9″. Fold 1/3 of dough toward you, then fold another 1/3 away from you over the first 1/3. Pinch dough to close the seam. Place dough seam down into loaf pans..
- Let dough rise in loaf pans until it starts to dome over. About 30-45 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Make one shallow cut lengthwise in top of dough with a serated knife. Turn oven down to 375°F and place loaf pans into oven on middle rack..
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Bread should be dark golden brown and should sound hollow when tapped on bottom. Let cool on racks for at least 3 hours before slicing..
- Bread can be kept at room temperature for several days or wrapped in plastic and foil and frozen for up to 3 months..