Butter gravy smothered sirloin with mashed carrots. Buttery mashed potato and sweet sautéed carrots round out this hearty meal. Chefs, get ready for some serious comfort food. We’re smothering pan-seared chicken in a creamy, milk-based gravy—which gets its warm, woodsy flavor from fresh sage, one of the season’s finest herbs.
Healthy mashed carrots make a great low carb substitute for mashed potatoes. Creamy, velvety texture that is full of flavor & low in calories. Unlike bland potatoes, carrots already have a ton of flavor. You can have Butter gravy smothered sirloin with mashed carrots using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butter gravy smothered sirloin with mashed carrots
- Prepare of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆steak◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- You need 1-1/4 pounds of top sirloin steak.
- Prepare 1 of large onion.
- Prepare 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/3 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆gravy◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of water more if needed.
- You need of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆ carrots◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- Prepare 1/3 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆gravy ◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆◆.
- It’s 1-1/2 pounds of carrots.
- It’s 1 tablespoons of water.
I just season them with a little butter, chicken stock, salt and pepper and they taste amazing. Remove the gizzards and save for the Smothered Gravy. My family of five likes to eat beef, so this recipe is a favorite. It was delicious served with mashed potatoes.
Butter gravy smothered sirloin with mashed carrots step by step
- Melt butter chop the onions coarsely. Add to butter..
- Slightly caramelize.
- Add steak salt and pepper the steak.
- When the steak has browned add, garlic, flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
- When the flour has been incorporated add water till your desired thickness.
- Stir and let the gravy simmer with the sirloin.
- Melt the half stick of butter. Cut the carrots for easy fast cooking. Add salt. Let it caramelize really good it will look black. Mash them leaving lumpy. Stir in water, getting them semi creamy lumpy goodness..
- Serve with gravy atop the carrot. I hope you enjoy!.
Next time I will serve is all over thick slices of bread. The sirloin steak was tender but the gravy had very little beef flavor so had to add some brown gravy mix. Crock Pot BBQ Sirloin Tip Steak over Mashed Potatoes – This recipe is hearty, filling and packed with flavor! One of my all time favorite main dishes! Barbecue Sirloin Tips Enhance All of the Tastes.