Up-us.info – Breakfast “corn dogs”. My husband’s favorite breakfast food is breakfast corn dogs. I thought I would surprise him and make some for him rather than the ones you buy in the frozen section of the grocery store. They were so easy to make and tasted amazing!
The Keys to Ease There a couple of key things that help this recipe not turn into a kitchen disaster. They are also pretty common items (in our house at least): a cup and toothpicks. There is something so fabulous about food on a stick. You can have Breakfast “corn dogs” using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Breakfast “corn dogs”
- You need 2 cups of pancake mix+water called for on box (prepared).
- It’s 10 of breakfast sausage links.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of AP flour.
- You need 1 cup of warm maple syrup.
- It’s 10 of skewers.
Just think about every carnival or fair you’ve ever attended and the availability of delicious stick food. A simple hot dog dipped in cornmeal batter and fried becomes food perfection when. Thread each sausage onto a wooden skewer. These breakfast corn dogs are just as good, if not better, than regular corn dogs but you can eat them in the morning!
Breakfast “corn dogs” instructions
- Cook sausage links as directed and allow to cool for 5 minutes..
- Prepare pancake mix as directed and pour into a large TALL glass. The tall glass makes it easier to coat the whole sausage link..
- Push a skewer into each link and dip into flour and tap off the excess. Next dip into pancake batter and place in deep fryer until golden brown turning as needed..
- Allow to cool 5 minutes then dust with powdered sugar and serve with warm syrup to dip if desired. Great for on the go busy morning with the kids!.
They’re simple and use pancake mix, so you won’t need any extra steps. They’re simple and use pancake mix, so you won’t need any extra steps. Take a breakfast sausage and flour it lightly. Then dip it into the batter, allowing any excess to run off. Transfer to the bed of paper towels.