Shepherd's pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd's Pie. The recipe has many variations, but the defining.
The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. You can have Shepherd's pie using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd's pie
- It’s of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Minced meat.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Onions.
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare of Red,green and yellow peppers.
- Prepare of Peas and carrots.
- It’s of Flour.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need of Garlic and ginger paste.
- You need of Black pepper.
- It’s of Dried thyme.
- Prepare of Rosemary.
- Prepare of Seasoning.
- Prepare of Tomatoes paste.
This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. It's topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Shepherd's pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best.
Shepherd's pie step by step
- Sauté some chopped onions in butter. Add minced meat,dried parsley,thyme,rosemary,salt,black pepper,garlic and ginger paste and seasoning together. Cook for a of minute.Add a little flour and tomatoes paste.Add water peas and carrots.Simmer the meat gravy until thick..
- Meanwhile, go ahead and boil some peeled and chopped potatoes.Drain the potatoes, add butter,salt, black pepper and mash until smooth..
- Pour the meat mixture into a casserole dish. Top it the mashed potatoes and mozzarella cheese and bake..
British European Recipes Shepherd's Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. This lightened up Shepherd's Pie recipe, filled with lean ground beef, veggies, and topped with yukon gold mashed potatoes would be perfect for all you meat and potato lovers out there! Shepherd's pie is traditionally made with a ground-lamb filling, but we make ours with ground beef. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato topping..delicious Shepherd's Pie" she had ever had, Danielle knew Shepherd's Pie needed to be part of her life I wasn't quite sure what the fam would think about Shepherd's Pie. My kids had never eaten it.