Up-us.info – Yum Gai (Thai Chicken Salad). This simple chopped Thai chicken salad has incredible flavors – peanut, lime, soy, chili, cilantro. The flavors in this dreamboat Thai chicken salad are going to rock your face off. Lime, peanuts, cilantro, carrots, green onions, vinegar, green papaya or mango.
In Thailand, pork or beef are also used. Larb gai is best served while the chicken is still hot from the pan and the greens are cold, though you can also serve it with rice. A key ingredient is fresh mint. You can have Yum Gai (Thai Chicken Salad) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yum Gai (Thai Chicken Salad)
- You need 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 500 gr of boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- It’s 1 of tomato, cut into wedges.
- You need 1 of small cucumber, thinly sliced.
- You need 8 of lettuce leaves.
- It’s 1 of red onion, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 8 of cilantro stalks and leaves, minced.
- Prepare of For the dressing:.
- Prepare 2 of birds eye chili peppers, thinly sliced.
- You need 3 tbs of fish sauce.
- You need 3 tbs of lime juice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbs of water.
Thai Tom Yum Gai (Tom Yum Chicken). How it’s really made in Thailand. The tom yum gai looks simple, but is packed with complex flavors of lemongrass, galangal, shallots and kaffir Left over chicken makes great tom yum gai, too. Shorten the cooking time by cooking the chicken the.
Yum Gai (Thai Chicken Salad) step by step
- Heat water and salt until boiling. Poach the chicken meat until cooked. Remove from the heat. Set aside to cool..
- Shred the chicken into thin strips. In a big bowl, mix all dressing ingredients until well combined..
- Add tomato, cucumber, red onion, and cilantro. Mix well..
- Line a serving plater with lettuce and shredded chicken. Pour the salad mixture on top. Serve immediately..
- Note: You can skip the birds eye chili pepper if you don’t like spicy. Refrigerate lettuce and dressing mixture before serving. Serve cold. It’s crunchier and fresher. 😋😋😋.
A thai chicken salad with big flavours! This is about as far as you can get from bland, boring salads. I’m a huge fan of Asian salads because they are typically much lighter and fresher than many Western ones, and the dressings pack a great flavour punch. Larb Gai is such a great healthy and fragrant meal and I’m convinced you’ll actually feel healthier after trying my recipe below. My local Thai makes a fab chicken Larb, and they put ground roasted rice in it.