Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast. I hated pot roast and mashed potatoes. I loved canned sardines on crackers. True story, I would fight my Dad for the last one.
With the help of a slow cooker, you can prepare a down-home dinner any day of the week, not just on Sundays. The roast turns out tender and savory every time. —Brandy Schaefer, Glen Carbon, Illinois. Slow Cooker, Instant Pot and Oven methods included! You can cook Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- You need of Chuck Roast.
- Prepare 32 ounce of beef broth.
- Prepare 4-6 of carrots chopped.
- It’s 2-3 of diced potatoes or bag of small potatoes.
- Prepare 4 of shallots ( left whole unpeeled) or can use 1 small onion even pearl onions work great to!.
- You need 1 of Lipton onion recipe packet.
- It’s Dashes of Worcestershire and A1.
- Prepare of Seasonings.
Fall apart, tender Pot Roast slow cooked and smothered in a delicious gravy with potatoes and carrots. When it comes to a Sunday dinner, nothing beats a classic as pot roast! Slow cooked dinners that can be cooked in a slow cooker, instant pot. A pot roast that can cook all day long in your crockpot so all that’s left to do is picking up that bottle of wine to serve.
Sunday Slow Cooker Pot Roast instructions
- Set crockpot on low/.. (will take 8-10hrs) high (4-6 hours)/ and fill with chuck roast and beef broth and cover.
- Once starts to heat I throw seasonings in (can do in beginning).
- Let sit 2 hrs on high or 3 hrs on low (once roast gets browned color).. At this time add carrots and cover for one hour… (I do this to let meat cook more to have a tender shredded ending also so veggies don’t boil and mush down ..carrots take lil longer than potatoes to cook and soften).
- Now add potatoes and onions and cover for few more hours until all tender.
- Once meat shreds on its own and potatoes are soft turn off and serve!.
- Yummy Sunday Dinner!!!.
The pot roast comes out unbelievably fall-apart tender in the slow cooker with the most perfect gravy that you can make from the cooking juices. Not to mention, all the tender potatoes. Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast that leaves you with tender meat, vegetables and a built in gravy to The great thing about this Ultimate Slow Cooker Pot Roast is that the whole meal really is made in one place. We like to serve it with a side salad to add a fresh flavor to. Serve this slow cooker Veal Pot Roast with Root Vegetables with a crunchy salad, perfect mashed potatoes, or an easy baked rice pilaf and everyone leaves the A Sunday dinner favourite of slow cooked veal roast, seasoned with orange zest and surrounded by an assortment of root vegetables.