Up-us.info – Orecchiette Carbonara. You can have Orecchiette Carbonara using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Orecchiette Carbonara
- It’s 2 of servings pasta.
- It’s 6 slices of bacon, cut into slivers, OR sausage OR ham.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, grated.
- Prepare 2 of eggs, room temperature.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Parmesan.
- You need 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- You need 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare to taste of Black pepper.
- You need of Parm and parsley, for serving.
Orecchiette Carbonara instructions
- Fry meat in a medium sized frying pan. I used sausage because that’s what I had in the fridge. Salt and boil pasta water..
- Add onions, fry for 2 mins. Add garlic, fry for 20 seconds, then turn off heat. Meanwhile, cook pasta to al dente (1-2 mins less than what it says on the package). Defrost peas in cold water, and drain..
- Whisk the two eggs, add pepper and 1/2 cup parm. When the pasta is almost done, use a coffee mug or glass measuring cup to scoop up half a cup of the starchy pasta water; slowly add this to the egg mixture..
- Drain the pasta. Add the peas to the meat/onion/garlic mixture. Turn the stove back on to low. Add the egg mixture to the pan. Add the pasta and stir until sauce thickens. Serve with more parm and parsley, if desired..