Mincemeat. Mincemeat is a mixture of chopped dried fruit, distilled spirits and spices, and sometimes beef suet, beef, or venison. Mincemeat developed as a way of preserving meat. Mincemeat also possesses a strong connection to Christianity and Christmas, more specifically, as View image.
The term gets its name from fine cutting of animal ingredients and fruit, essentially mincing the ingredients needed to make mincemeat. Fill your mince pies with this easy to make, delicious, homemade Christmas mincemeat. No proper British celebration is complete without it. You can have Mincemeat using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mincemeat
- You need 600 grams of apple, very finely diced.
- It’s 300 grams of butter (or vegan shortening).
- You need 450 grams of Thompson raisins.
- It’s 275 grams of golden raisins.
- Prepare 275 grams of currants.
- It’s 450 grams of brown sugar.
- Prepare 500 ml of orange marmalade (I use dark).
- Prepare 275 grams of mixed citrus peel.
- It’s 100 grams of citron peel.
- Prepare 75 grams of slivered almonds.
- It’s 10 grams of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 grams of ground cloves.
- Prepare 2 grams of ground cardamom.
- Prepare 5 grams of ground allspice.
- Prepare 125 ml of brandy or rum.
A mixture, as of finely chopped apples, raisins. Mincemeat definition is – minced meat. Mincemeat definition: Mincemeat is a sticky mixture of small pieces of dried fruit. See more ideas about Minced meat recipe, Mince meat and Mince pies.
Mincemeat step by step
- Place all ingredients in a large stockpot. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat..
- Let simmer 45-60 minutes, until the dried fruits are plum and the mixture begins to thicken..
- Let cool to room temperature, store in the refrigerator in an airtight container, up to 1 month,.
Homemade Mincemeat – a delicious, fruity and light homemade mincemeat recipe flavoured with brandy and citrus fruits. Homemade Mincemeat is a spicy sweet preserve consisting of a mixture or dried and candied fruits, apples, and spices that are heavily laced with brandy or rum. Can Mincemeat Be Canned For Long-Term Storage? A note about PRESERVING: Traditionally mincemeat would be made the year before it’s eaten to give the flavors time do develop and deepen. The roughed up, swollen and engorged appearance of your mate’s bung hole after a punishing, yet pleasurable, bout of ass play.