Up-us.info – Shepherd’s pie. Shepherd’s Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd’s Pie. The recipe has many variations, but the defining.
The Best Classic Shepherd’s Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd’s pie is a classic comfort food recipe that’s healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. You can have Shepherd’s pie using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd’s pie
- Prepare of For Mashed Potatoes (Leftover mashed potatoes can be used too):.
- Prepare 2 of large Potatoes.
- You need 10 g of Butter.
- Prepare 120 ml of Milk.
- Prepare of LAMB FILLING.
- It’s 300 g of Ground lamb/mutton.
- It’s 1 of Onions.
- It’s 6 of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of Carrots.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Flour.
- You need 240 ml of Broth.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Thyme.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Parsley.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
This easy shepherd’s pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. It’s topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes. This easy Shepherd’s Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Shepherd’s pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best.
Shepherd’s pie instructions
- Cook potatoes in their skins until soft. Peel and mash up with the butter and milk. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside..
- Preheat ove to 200°C..
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan and saute onions until soft. Add in mushrooms and continue to cook until their juices start coming out (about 5-10 minutes)..
- Add carrots and meat. Cook until the meat is browned..
- Sprinkle in the flour. Mix until the sauce thickens a little..
- Add broth, thyme and parsley and bring to a boil..
- Turn to low, and cook until most liquid is gone and the mixture is thick..
- Put lamb and vegetable filling in an oven dish and spread with mash potatoes on top..
- Bake 20-30 minutes until the pie is bubbling and potatoes are a little browned..
- Dish out and enjoy!.
The peaks and ridges on the mash just adds to the appeal! This lightened up Shepherd’s Pie recipe, filled with lean ground beef, veggies, and topped with yukon gold mashed potatoes would be perfect for all you meat and potato lovers out there! This is the best shepherd’s pie recipe I’ve ever tasted. Growing up, my family had a tradition of big Sunday dinners. Nearly every Sunday we’d go to our grandparents house for some kind of pot roast or ground beef dish, mashed potatoes.