Up-us.info – Shepherd’s pie. The recipe has many variations, but the defining. Shepherd’s Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd’s Pie.
The Best Classic Shepherd’s Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd’s pie is a classic comfort food recipe that’s healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. You can cook Shepherd’s pie using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shepherd’s pie
- Prepare of Potatoes.
- It’s of Minced meat.
- You need of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Onions.
- You need of Butter.
- You need of Red,green and yellow peppers.
- It’s of Peas and carrots.
- You need of Flour.
- You need of Water.
- It’s of Garlic and ginger paste.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- It’s of Dried thyme.
- You need of Rosemary.
- It’s of Seasoning.
- You need of Tomatoes paste.
This easy Shepherd’s Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd’s pie. Learn how to make it with ground beef, turkey, chicken, and lamb recipes. Try the classic shepherd’s pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd’s pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater.
Shepherd’s pie instructions
- Sauté some chopped onions in butter. Add minced meat,dried parsley,thyme,rosemary,salt,black pepper,garlic and ginger paste and seasoning together. Cook for a of minute.Add a little flour and tomatoes paste.Add water peas and carrots.Simmer the meat gravy until thick..
- Meanwhile, go ahead and boil some peeled and chopped potatoes.Drain the potatoes, add butter,salt, black pepper and mash until smooth..
- Pour the meat mixture into a casserole dish. Top it the mashed potatoes and mozzarella cheese and bake..
Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. This lightened up Shepherd’s Pie recipe, filled with lean ground beef, veggies, and topped with yukon gold mashed potatoes would be perfect for all you meat and potato lovers out there! Shepherd’s pie has culinary origins from England and its creation was inspired by the workers who tend to sheep. The meal uses lamb and simple ingredients to create a tasty casserole. A Shepherd’s Pie is an Irish specialty and made only with Lamb!