Up-us.info – My Shepherd’s pie. You can have My Shepherd’s pie using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Shepherd’s pie
- It’s 1 lb of ground turkey or chop meat.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- It’s 1 can of beef broth.
- It’s 1 can of corn kernals.
- It’s 1 of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of green beans fresh or canned.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 3 medium of potatoes.
- You need 1 of cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 of milk.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
My Shepherd’s pie step by step
- * i only use about a 1/4 of the can of beans and corn* Dice onions and mince garlic. Dice green beans into 1/4″ bits. Mince garlic. Saute onions in a tablespoon of olive oil until starting to turn transparent. Then add beans, garlic and corn. Season with salt and pepper. Cook approx 5 mins..
- When veggies are done put in a bowl or plate to the side. Then start cooking turkey meat in same pan. Ground it up kinda like you would do a taco meat or chili. Cook fully. Then drain any fat..
- Throw veggies and meat back into pan. Add the 1/4 cup of beef broth and a good couple of squirts of Worcestershire sauce. Saute until the broth has been reduced a touch. About 5 to 7 mins. Taste to see if it needs salt and pepper. Turn off heat. Place to side..
- Boil a pot of water. Peel and cube potatoes. When fork tender. Drain water. Save a nice helping handful of cheese for topping. In bowl add potatoes, milk butter, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. Mash the way you like your mash potatoes. I use a hand masher cause I like mine kinda thick..
- Pour meat and veggies into a corningware or Pyrex oven safe bowl or deep pan. Whatever you got that’s deep. Then top with potatoes. Spread evenly so all the meat is covered. Then top off with extra cheese..
- Bake or broil in a hot ass oven until cheese is nice a melted. Serve and enjoy. Be careful cause its going to be hot.