Up-us.info – Zucchini & Tomato Gratin. Compare Prices on Pasta Zucchini in Kitchen Gadets. Meet zucchini, summer’s most popular and prolific squash. Here’s all you need to know, including how to pick and prep it, and the best ways to cook it—plus top-rated recipes, of course!
Tasty zucchini are abundant in gardens and farmers markets during the summer months. Here are all the best zucchini recipes to make good use of your harvest, including zucchini bread, cake, soup, stuffed zucchini and more. Luckily, zucchini is extremely easy to grow from seed, and there’s no need to start seed indoors. You can cook Zucchini & Tomato Gratin using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini & Tomato Gratin
- It’s 6-8 of Roma tomatoes.
- It’s 6 of medium Zucchinis.
- Prepare 3-4 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s to taste of Salt & black pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of butter.
You can directly sow seed in your garden once your first round of zucchini plants have matured and expect to see germination within days. Many gardeners do this second planting in mid-July or mid-August (or both). Find zucchini recipes, videos, and ideas from Food Network. A zucchini is a thin-skinned cultivar of what in Britain and Ireland is referred to as a marrow.
Zucchini & Tomato Gratin instructions
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray or butter the dish..
- Slice each tomato removing both ends to be about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Then do the same with the zucchini. Alternate zucchini and tomatoes around the dish and into the middle..
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes and zucchini. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, salt & pepper over the tomatoes & zucchini..
- Melt butter and combine with bread crumbs and Parmesan. Sprinkle evenly over tomatoes and zucchini..
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until topping golden brown..
Thanks, Meghan Markle for the hack! In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Zucchini, also known as courgette, is a summer squash in the Cucurbitaceae plant family, alongside melons, spaghetti squash, and cucumbers. Sliced zucchini is the star of this tangy appetizer. Cook your slices in olive oil, then use the remaining oil to construct an agrodolce (a syrupy Italian sauce).