Up-us.info – Whole Wheat pastry (pie crust) adapted from The Great American P. You can have Whole Wheat pastry (pie crust) adapted from The Great American P using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat pastry (pie crust) adapted from The Great American P
- You need 2 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1 dash of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar (optional).
- It’s 1/3-1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of vodka or ice water.
- You need 1 of egg if necessary.
Whole Wheat pastry (pie crust) adapted from The Great American P instructions
- Mix flour, salt, and sugar (if desired) together in a bowl..
- Blend in oil, the ice water, mixing with a fork until it forms a ball.. If pastry is to crumbly, you may want to add 1 beaten egg..
- I (LEAH) definitely needed the egg..
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions, and form each onto a ball..
- Roll dough out onto lightly floured surface.
- Note: Lard, butter or shortening may be used in place of the oil, but this makes the dough harder to work with. Decrease flour to 2 cups if you use a solid rather than a liquid fat..
- Note: Whole wheat pastry is more difficult to work with, so you may want to master other pastry recipes before working with this one..