Up-us.info – Shepherd’s Pie. The recipe has many variations, but the defining. Shepherd’s Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd’s Pie.
The Best Classic Shepherd’s Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd’s pie is a classic comfort food recipe that’s healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. You can cook Shepherd’s Pie using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherd’s Pie
- Prepare 2 lbs of Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- It’s of Large onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of each red, yellow, green pepper diced.
- It’s 2 Tbs of each rosemary and Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 Tbs of each onion and garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of AP flour.
- You need 2 cups of low sodium beef stock.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk (I used almond).
- It’s 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- It’s 1 lb of bag frozen corn.
- You need to taste of S&P.
This easy Shepherd’s Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Find the best recipes for the classic shepherd’s pie. British European Recipes Shepherd’s Pie Recipes Tomato Beans and Legumes Pea Recipes Lamb Recipes Onion Recipes Beef Corn Recipes. Try the classic shepherd’s pie recipe or mix it up with a veggie shepherd’s pie with lentils, or add parsnips to your mash like Nigel Slater.
Shepherd’s Pie step by step
- Peel and dice potatoes. Add to pot of water..
- Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are very soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, dice onion and peppers.
- Add 2 Tbs olive oil to skillet and once hot, add onion and peppers. Cook til translucent.
- Add ground beef and seasoning to skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Add flour to skillet and cook a few minutes, stirring often.
- Add stock and cook until thickened. Turn off heat.
- Once potatoes are soft, drain and put back into the pot with butter and milk and S&P. Mash..
- In a greased deep 9×13 baking dish, add beef mixture. Add corn, and top with potatoes.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is golden.
- I like to top it with shredded sharp cheddar cheese and cook until melted..
Add some grated hidden veggies to help the kids eat healthily. Shepherd’s pie has culinary origins from England and its creation was inspired by the workers who tend to sheep. The meal uses lamb and simple ingredients to create a tasty casserole. Tender ground lamb (or beef) and chopped vegetables cooked in a rich gravy Learn How to make Shepherd’s Pie and enjoy this easy and comforting recipe year-round. A Shepherd’s Pie is an Irish specialty and made only with Lamb!