Up-us.info – Shepherd’s pie. Shepherd’s Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. What follows is a simple recipe for a ground beef version of Shepherd’s Pie. The recipe has many variations, but the defining.
The Best Classic Shepherd’s Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Shepherd’s pie is a classic comfort food recipe that’s healthy, hearty and filling. The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. You can have Shepherd’s pie using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Shepherd’s pie
- It’s of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Minced meat.
- Prepare of Mozzarella cheese.
- You need of Onions.
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare of Red,green and yellow peppers.
- Prepare of Peas and carrots.
- You need of Flour.
- Prepare of Water.
- It’s of Garlic and ginger paste.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Dried thyme.
- It’s of Rosemary.
- You need of Seasoning.
- You need of Tomatoes paste.
This easy shepherd’s pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. It’s topped with Cheddar cheese mashed potatoes. This easy Shepherd’s Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. Shepherd’s pie with rich lamb and creamy mash is winter comfort food at its best.
Shepherd’s pie instructions
- Sauté some chopped onions in butter. Add minced meat,dried parsley,thyme,rosemary,salt,black pepper,garlic and ginger paste and seasoning together. Cook for a of minute.Add a little flour and tomatoes paste.Add water peas and carrots.Simmer the meat gravy until thick..
- Meanwhile, go ahead and boil some peeled and chopped potatoes.Drain the potatoes, add butter,salt, black pepper and mash until smooth..
- Pour the meat mixture into a casserole dish. Top it the mashed potatoes and mozzarella cheese and bake..
The peaks and ridges on the mash just adds to the appeal! This lightened up Shepherd’s Pie recipe, filled with lean ground beef, veggies, and topped with yukon gold mashed potatoes would be perfect for all you meat and potato lovers out there! This is the best shepherd’s pie recipe I’ve ever tasted. You likely know Shepherd’s pie as a homey, comforting casserole — one that combines a flavorful stew of ground beef, peas, carrots (and sometimes corn) with mountains of creamy mashed potatoes. Growing up, my family had a tradition of big Sunday dinners.