Up-us.info – Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich. Basil-Tomato Grilled Cheese Recipe photo by Taste of Home. An excellent way to use fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden. I used ciabatta bread, which made them pretty tall, so I would recommend a panini press or George Foreman grill if you have one to keep the ingredients together.
The best grilled cheese and tomato sandwich is made with two semi-soft cheeses that are a little bit stickier than mozzarella or American cheese: sharp Press down on the sandwich with the back of a flat spatula to press the sandwich together. Transfer the sandwiches to a cutting board and cut in. Grilled cheese sandwiches with gooey melted cheese, summer roasted tomatoes, fresh basil and crispy buttery bread slices. You can cook Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich
- Prepare 4 slices of sandwich bread (any I used brown bread).
- Prepare 1 of ripe large tomato.
- Prepare 1 sprig of fresh basil.
- You need 1 of little bit of cheddar and cream cheese.
- Prepare To taste of pepper & salt.
- It’s of Some jalapenos (optional).
- You need 1 tbsp of softened Butter.
One of the best breakfast or lunch. These sandwiches were cooked on a grill, but a skillet would work just as well. Choose your favorite kind of cheese. We prefer a variety that melts easily, such as Gouda or Swiss, but cheddar Arrange tomato slices over cheese, cutting slices in half to fit if necessary.
Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich instructions
- First of all slice your tomatoes and put them aside.
- When done, apply butter on both sides of the breads and once done flip the sides from which the buttered side is facing down this is called “buttered side down”.
- Then add on your cheeses, tomatoes, basil, jalapenos, salt and pepper at the end. Close your sandwich with the other bread slice with buttered side up and grill it on grill pan until cheese melts(turning the sides continuously).
- Finally take the sanwiches of grill pan, place on plate, cut triangles and serve!!!.
Grilled sandwiches are a must when the weather dips below freezing, and you know that there is nothing more comforting and satisfying than a vegan grilled tomato basil cheese sandwich to make the harshness of winter a little softer. It’s really a necessity at this time of year. This grilled cheese sandwich version is quick and easy to prepare. It is just like making a simple grilled Swiss cheese sandwich. Arrange the cheese, embutido, basil, and tomato over a slice of white bread.