Up-us.info – Mincemeat pie. A mince pie (also mincemeat pie in New England, and fruit mince pie in Australia and New Zealand) is a sweet pie of English origin, filled with a mixture of dried fruits and spices called “mincemeat”. Mincemeat is a classic pie flavor that traditionally contains fruit, pecans, brandy and citrus zest. Christmas without mince pies is unimaginable.
Mincemeat Pies: The Stars of My Holiday Dessert Table. Country Mince Pie from our Throwback Thanksgiving feature. Country Mince Pie from our Throwback Thanksgiving feature. You can have Mincemeat pie using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mincemeat pie
- Prepare of pie filling.
- It’s 8 oz of chopped cooked meat.
- You need 1/4 cup of suet.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dried currants or red currant jelly.
- You need 1/2 cup of candied citron.
- You need 1 pints of pared apples.
- You need 1 cup of apple juice or apple cider.
- Prepare 1 medium of lemon , the juice and zest I used a Meyer lemon.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of peach pickle juice.
- It’s of crust.
- You need 2 of nine inch pie crust.
Mother made this a lot when I was growing up and she also made mincemeat cookies. Take the top of every other strip and fold it back halfway. Mince pies are a Christmas staple and this really easy mince pie recipe will soon become a family favourite. Use your favourite mincemeat and dust with beautiful icing sugar for an impressive festive.
Mincemeat pie instructions
- Cook the meat till done I cook this in the suet.
- In a saucepan add all ingredients except crust and peach pickle juice.
- Cook slowly for 1 1/4 hours stirring frequently then add peach pickle juice https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/358090-sweet-pickled-peaches.
- Bake the bottom crust 30-35 minutes add filling cover with the other pie crust bake till top crust is done make sure to put steam vent holes in top of crust.
- Mine cooked in oven 6 inches off bottom of oven for 25 minutes.
These cute little Mince Pies, also known as Mincemeat Tarts, are made with a crisp and buttery pie pastry and a really good mincemeat. They brought home a variety of oriental spices. But why mince words when you can mince pie? After seeing old-fashioned mincemeat pie recipes, I was curious to see what they would taste like Since I had seen other mincemeat pie recipes that used both raisins and currants, and since I had. Top the pie with the rest.