Up-us.info – Brad’s cottage pie. Try this easy cottage pie, a beef pie with mashed potato topping. If you use lamb instead of beef you can call it a shepherd’s pie. Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd’s pie.
Cottage pie is a combination of ground lamb or beef with mashed potatoes, topped with a bubbling layer of cheese is the perfect comfort food. Shepherd’s pie, cottage pie, or hachis Parmentier is a ground meat pie with a crust or topping of mashed potato ^ “cottage pie – Aistriúchán Gaeilge ar cottage pie (An Foclóir Nua Béarla-Gaeilge). Traditional cottage pie with a rich meaty sauce, topped with creamy mashed potato, crisped up to golden perfection. You can cook Brad’s cottage pie using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad’s cottage pie
- It’s of the veggies.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped asparagus.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced mushroom.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped sweet onion.
- Prepare 2 cups of frozen veggie mix with corn carrots peas and green beans.
- You need 1 tbs of balsamic vinegar.
- You need of the meat.
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of thin London broil.
- You need 1/4 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/8 cup of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- Prepare of the potatoes.
- Prepare 2 of LG youkon gold potatoes.
- You need 2 of LG sweet potatoes.
- It’s 4 tbs of butter.
- You need of milk.
- Prepare to taste of garlic powder, salt, and white pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar.
- You need 2 cups of prepared brown gravy.
Check out my tip for ensuring also get a jug of delicious gravy to pour on top. Flavorful beef cottage pie recipe is made easy in one skillet and Paleo-friendly! Ground beef and tender vegetables are topped with fluffy mashed sweet potatoes. A traditional cottage pie is made with ground beef and topped with mashed potatoes.
Brad’s cottage pie step by step
- First mix the meat ingredients and marinade meat for 1 1/2 hrs at room temperature.
- In a LG frying pan, add 1 tbs oil. Saute onion, mushrooms, and asparagus until mushrooms are close to done. Asparagus should still be crisp. Add balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup water, and frozen veggies. Steam until liquid cooks out..
- Place veggies in a lightly greased 9 X 13 baking dish..
- Meanwhile peel and boil potatoes. When soft, drain. Add butter and seasonings. Mash. Add milk until potatoes become smooth..
- In same pan as the veggies, add 1 tbs oil. Sear London broil over med high heat until browned on both sides but still rare. Remove to a cutting board. Slice thinly across the grain. Layer over the veggies..
- Pour the gravy over everything. Spread the potatoes evenly on top. Bake at 425 for 15 minutes. When done add cheese and return to the oven until cheese melts..
- Serve immediately. I served with cottage cheese..
We used potato slices, which saves time and looks good, too. Cottage Pie: made with ground beef in gravy and mashed potatoes, baked until hot and bubbling. There’s nothing nicer on a cold, dark evening than to come home to big dish of bubbling cottage pie. Cottage Pie is a rustic, savory pie of ground beef in a flavorful gravy, vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes and cheese. I have to confess I love a one dish meal.