Up-us.info – Blueberry Oat Muffins. You can have Blueberry Oat Muffins using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Blueberry Oat Muffins
- You need 1 cup of milk (any kind).
- You need 1 cup of old fashioned oats.
- You need 1 of large egg, beaten, at room temperature.
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- It’s 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped pecans (or walnuts or almonds).
Blueberry Oat Muffins step by step
- Start by stirring your oats into your milk in a large bowl and letting it sit for 1 hour to allow the oats time to soak..
- Once the oats have soaked for at least 1 hour, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with liners or spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside..
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside..
- Stir in the beaten egg, brown sugar and the melted butter to the milk and oats. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined..
- Fold in the chopped pecans (or alternative nut) and the blueberries (or alternative fruit). If using frozen blueberries, don’t thaw..
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins and place the pan in the oven. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Careful not to overbake, as they will be dry if you do..
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool. Store muffins covered at room temperature for 3-4 days..