Up-us.info – Banana Oat Muffins. You can cook Banana Oat Muffins using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Oat Muffins
- You need 1 cup of old fashioned oats.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk (any kind).
- You need 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ground flaxseed.
- It’s 2 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 cup of mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas or 2 large).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar (or honey or maple syrup).
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, beaten, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips (optional).
Banana Oat Muffins step by step
- Start by stirring your oats into your milk in a large bowl and letting it sit for 1 hour to allow them time to soak..
- Once the oats have soaked for at least 1 hour, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin pan with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside..
- In a small bowl whisk together both of the flours, the ground flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Set that aside..
- Stir in the brown sugar, beaten eggs and melted butter to the milk and oats. Then add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. If using an optional add in (such as nuts or chocolate chips) then fold that in now..
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins and place the pan into the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. You’ll have a little additional batter left. I made 6 mini muffins with the remaining batter (same temperature for 8 or so minutes)..
- Transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool completely. As with most baked banana goods, the flavor of these is much better and more pronounced the next day..
- Store muffins covered at room temperature for 3-4 days..