Up-us.info – Red rice Pundi Gatti (Rice dumplings). You can have Red rice Pundi Gatti (Rice dumplings) using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red rice Pundi Gatti (Rice dumplings)
- It’s 3 cups of red rice or white rice.
- Prepare 0.25 cup of thick puffed rice or poha.
- You need 3 tsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 0.25 cup of shredded coconut.
- It’s 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of Urrad dal.
- It’s 1 tsp of Channa dal.
- It’s 0.5 tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 3 of Red chilli.
- It’s 0.25 tsp of hing.
- You need leaves of Curry.
- It’s leaves of Coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of jaggery.
- Prepare of Salt.
Red rice Pundi Gatti (Rice dumplings) step by step
- Soak red rice + thick puffed rice in water for 5-7 hours.
- Now blend it in mixer with less water.
- In a pan take oil + mustard seeds + urrad dal + Channa dal + fenugreek seeds + curry leaves + red chilli + cumin seeds and sauté well. Now add blended mixture to it and 0.5 cup water and mix well. Add coconut and coriander leaves..
- Let it cool for around 15 minutes. Now take small portions of it and make round balls. Place it in a container gland steam it(Add water in the base and place a plate on top) for around 15 minutes..
- Serve the steamed pundi with coconut chutney.