Up-us.info – Healthy oatmeal cookies. Cuz these are not your ordinary oatmeal cookies! In fact, they are so healthy, I think you could very well refer to them as portable oatmeal! Not only that, but they also happen to taste absolutely fantastic.
We started by playing with different ways to sweeten the cookies, as well as using part coconut oil and part butter. Healthy oatmeal cookies made with fiber-rich oats, coconut oil and applesauce instead of butter and coconut sugar. Healthy cookies can be tricky to figure out, and this one was no exception. You can cook Healthy oatmeal cookies using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Healthy oatmeal cookies
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of oats.
- It’s 1 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- It’s 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 cup of honey.
- You need 1/3 cup of chocolate chips.
- It’s 1/4 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/4 cup of walnuts or pecans, well chopped.
It went through rounds and rounds of testing. These cookies are all they claim to be, I mean really they have it all. I’ve made them with many variations and every time they feel like a new treat. The sweetness in this recipe comes from the carrots, apples, and raisins, and there’s some honey to make sure that each one tastes like a treat.
Healthy oatmeal cookies step by step
- Whisk flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt together..
- In another bowl, combine the applesauce, butter, egg, vanilla extract and honey..
- Combine the wet ingredients with flour mix. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts and raisins. The mixture will be wet the sticky. Place the batter in the fridge for 30 minutes or upto 3 days..
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the parchment paper on the baking sheet. Remove the dough from the fridge and drop the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls spacing it out to 1 inch. Gently flatten the balls with the fingers to be about 3/4 inch thick..
- Bake the cookies until golden and firm, for about 10-15 minutes. Once done let them cool for few minutes before transferring them and enjoy a healthy snack..
Healthy Oatmeal Cookies – easy, stir-together healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that taste SO GOOD, they are truly miraculous! These vegan oatmeal cookies are dense, hearty, thick. These Healthier Oatmeal Cookies are made with coconut oil and coconut sugar! They’re also packed with dark chocolate chunks and dried cranberries! Oatmeal Cookie Skillet, Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Granola, Healthy Oatmeal Cookie Energy Balls.