Carley’s Cottage Pie. Your o’charley’s: Please Select A Location. Our award-winning* “old fashioned” double-crust pie filled with sweet, crisp Michigan apples, seasoned with delicate spices. Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd’s pie.
It is made with minced meat, with mashed potato on top. It comes from the United Kingdom and Ireland. The dish is now popular worldwide. You can cook Carley’s Cottage Pie using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Carley’s Cottage Pie
- It’s of mince mix.
- It’s 1 lb of mince.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of leek.
- You need 1 of boiling water.
- You need 1 of gravy granules (bisto).
- Prepare 6 of large potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1 of dried/fresh herbs, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of dried/fresh parsley, to taste.
It depends on whether you use lamb or beef. And if Gordon Ramsay catches you using beef and calling..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw. Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected. Shepherd’s pie is a comforting, hearty, Classic English dish.
Carley’s Cottage Pie instructions
- Put potatoes in pan to boil, about 20-30 mins..
- Fry mince until brown, add onion and leek, leave to sweat down. add herbs..
- Add boiling water to gravy granules, make sure your mix is thick. Transfer into an oven proof dish..
- Mash potatoes when cooked, add milk, butter, garlic butter and parsley..
- Grill until mash is crispy, then place in oven for 15-20 mins..
Traditionally Shepherd’s pie, is made with ground lamb, when beef is used, it’s called “Cottage Pie”. (It’s also gluten. Traditional cottage pie with a rich meaty sauce, topped with creamy mashed potato, crisped up to golden perfection. The shepherd’s pie is more of a cottage pie because it’s made with ground beef, not lamb. Sandy’s Slow Cooker Shepherd’s Pie (Cottage Pie). I’m back with my keto recipes even though I’m not back onto keto myself.