Brad’s eggplant au gratin. From Jane Shapton of Irvine, California comes this tasty bake that layers sliced eggplant with spaghetti sauce and two kinds of cheese. This EGGPLANT GRATIN or Aubergine Gratin makes a crowd-pleasing side dish! Tender eggplant is smothered with a fingerlickin tomato cream sauce, topped with Gruyere I first made Eggplant Au Gratin for my husband’s birthday and everyone absolutely loved it.
This was the greatest eggplant recipe that we have tried in a long time. I did salt the eggplant for an hour to pull out more water but everything else was the same and it turned out GREAT! How to Make the Eggplant Au Gratin. You can have Brad’s eggplant au gratin using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad’s eggplant au gratin
- Prepare 1 of lg eggplant.
- It’s 8-12 slices of swiss cheese.
- Prepare of Garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- You need 2 cups of half and half.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour.
- It’s of Bread crumbs.
Look no further than the eggplant gratin for a go-to side that’s as easy to whip up as it is versatile, pairing well with just about every protein. Staples like lemon, garlic, thyme and good-quality olive oil are all you need to enhance the flavors of already-delicious eggplant and tomatoes. On each eggplant slice, lay a zucchini slice, a pepper strip and a basil leaf. Eggplant, mushrooms, lemon juice, milk, black pepper, red hot pepper sauce, bread crumbs, salt, butter, all-purpose flour, heavy whipping cream, nutmeg, eggs, parmesan cheese.
Brad’s eggplant au gratin instructions
- Slice eggplant very thin..
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan.
- Lay eggplant in pan in layers. Between each layer, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Also lay down 4 slices of cheese..
- Continue until all eggplant is used..
- Mix flour with cold half and half. Pour over the top of casserole. Shake a little to work out air bubbles between layers..
- Top lightly with bread crumbs..
- Bake at 375 around 20-25 minutes. Remove when top gets nice and browned..
- Let rest a couple minutes. Serve and enjoy..
Download Eggplant gratin stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Brad Leone, the Bon Appétit test kitchen manager, is an expert at picking out perfect produce. This week, he’s telling us how to find and buy the best eggplants. Parmesan, baba ghanoush, gratin…these are just a few of our favorite words, and they all have one thing in common: Eggplant! Eggplant is a vegetable that is appreciated for its dietary properties; it contains a large amount of water and adequate levels of potassium.