Up-us.info – Au Gratin Potatoes. You can have Au Gratin Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Au Gratin Potatoes
- It’s 4 of Russet Potatoes cut apx. 1/4 in thick.
- You need 1 of yellow onion slices into half rings.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 3 TBS of flower.
- It’s 2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 of small bag shredded triple cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
Au Gratin Potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and butter a 9×13 glass baking dish..
- In a medium-size pot, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour, garlic powder, and salt. Stir constantly for one minute..
- Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened..
- Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds..
- Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into bottom of the prepared casserole dish and top with the onion slices. Then pour half the cheese mixture on top..
- Repeat step 5 with remaining potatoes, onions, and cheese mixture..
- Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake for an additional 30 minutes. (Or longer if you desire a crisper finish.).
- Set aside to rest for 15 min then it’s ready to serve..