Up-us.info – 5-minute Ambrosia salad. This delicious Ambrosia Salad is so easy to make and always a big hit with kids and adults alike! Made in just one bowl, this classic dessert salad is the perfection addition to your next gathering! Make sure to try this Cherry Fluff, Reese’s Peanut Butter Fluff, or Pina Colada Fluff.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s minutes, I mean minutes, until its done! I think it can be so stressful. During last-minute menu planning, I often include this classic ambrosia salad recipe because I keep the ingredients on hand. You can have 5-minute Ambrosia salad using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 5-minute Ambrosia salad
- You need 8 ounces of thawed cool whip.
- You need 1/2 cup of Greek or regular yogurt (I used honey flavored Greek).
- You need 1 cup of maraschino cherries halved.
- You need 1-11 ounce of can of mandarin oranges.
- It’s 1-8 ounce of can crushed or tidbit pineapple.
- It’s 1.5 cups of mini marshmallows regular or fruit flavored.
Ambrosia Salad is filled with mandarin oranges, pineapple, maraschino cherries, coconut, and marshmallows and mixed in a fluffy cool whip! Quick and easy side dish that can be made in minutes with ingredients that are on hand! The Ambrosia Salad is a fun retro salad to serve to family and friends. Categorized as a jello salad, the ambrosia salad is named after the food of Greek Gods, which is said to give longevity or immortality to those who eat it.
5-minute Ambrosia salad step by step
- Mix yogurt and cool whip..
- Fold in pineapple, cherry halves, and marshmallows.
- Last add in the mandarin oranges as they tend to break easier. Chill for an hour before serving. Holds up to 3 days in the fridge. I serve mine with a side of graham crackers..
One of my favorite, Ambrosia Salad is a fruit salad that can be served as side or as dessert. In India, it is mostly referred as Fruit Cream Salad. Ambrosia salad is better when it’s made ahead — just wait to add the marshmallows and pecans until a few hours before serving. This salad is just one of those recipes that you look forward to and the holidays don’t seem the same if it is missing. Give this a try and start a yummy family tradition!