Up-us.info – Eggs Benedict. You can cook Eggs Benedict using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggs Benedict
- It’s 2 of English muffins split.
- It’s 4 slices of Canadian bacon.
- You need 4 of eggs for poaching.
- It’s of S & p.
- Prepare of Chives for garnish.
- Prepare of Hollandaise sauce.
- Prepare Dash of Cayenne pepper.
- You need Dash of Paprika.
- You need 3 of egg yolks.
- You need 1 tb of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter separated in half.
Eggs Benedict step by step
- Sauce: In 1-quart saucepan, vigorously stir egg yolks and lemon juice and spices with wire whisk. Add 1/4 cup of the butter. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly with wire whisk, until butter is melted..
- Add remaining butter. Continue stirring vigorously until butter is melted and sauce is thickened. (Be sure butter melts slowly so eggs have time to cook and thicken sauce without curdling.) If the sauce curdles (mixture begins to separate and melted butter starts to appear around the edge of the pan and on top of the sauce), add about 1 tablespoon boiling water and beat vigorously with wire whisk or egg beater until smooth. Keep warm..
- Toast english muffins.
- Fry ham until lightly browned on both sides in a pan with some butter..
- Eggs: Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small cup. Heat a pot to boiling reduce to simmering.Stir water to create tornado effect. (The spinning will helps wrap the white around the egg.) Gently slip eggs in 1at a time.Holding dish close to water’s surface.give a gentle stir to wrap eggs up.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until whites and yolks are firm, not runny (water should be gently simmering and not boiling). Remove with slotted spoon. Place on dish with paper towels..
- Assembly: buttered English muffin,next hsm, top with egg. Generously Drizzle but not soak the top with your sauce and sprinkle chives on top..