Up-us.info – German Pancake with Caramelized Apples. Light and airy Caramelized Apple German Pancakes are a delicious twist on the usual puff pancake or Dutch baby recipe! I can remember the first time that I had German pancakes. I thought they were the most amazing pancakes ever because of the way that they puffed up while they were baking.
Precooking the apples adds caramelized flavor. If you’re looking for a pretty dish to make when having guests for brunch, try this. Everyone I’ve served it to has enjoyed it—except For topping, in a skillet, combine the apples, butter and sugar; cook and stir over medium heat until apples are tender. You can have German Pancake with Caramelized Apples using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of German Pancake with Caramelized Apples
- It’s of German Pancake:.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 6 of large eggs.
- It’s 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- Prepare of Caramelized Apples:.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter.
- You need 2 of large granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced thinly.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of granulated sugar.
- You need 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
I’ve tried this with fresh apples and with apple pie filling tastes much better with fresh. Definitely worth the little extra time it takes to make it with fresh apples! A German Apple Pancake recipe that’s sure to please. Puffs up in your oven, filled with apples, and feeds a crowd.
German Pancake with Caramelized Apples step by step
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Grease a 9×13″ baking pan lightly and set it aside. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar and salt. Then add the milk and vanilla. Next, whisk in each egg one at a time, whisking to combine for each one..
- Place the 3 tbsp. of butter into the prepared pan and place it into the preheated oven for just a couple of minutes, until the butter has melted. Then remove the pan from the oven, pour in the batter right over the butter, and place the pan back in the oven for 17-20 minutes, until it has puffed nicely and the edges are golden brown. Remove it from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes (it will deflate as it sits)..
- While the German pancake is baking, start preparing the apples. Heat the 2 tbsp. of butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the apple slices into a large bowl and toss them in the sugars and cinnamon. Then pour them into the skillet. Cook, stirring around often, for 5-7 minutes, until the apples have softened and the sugars have caramelized slightly..
- Slice the pancake into 6 equal sized squares and serve with the apple slices atop it..
This is very similar to a Dutch Baby recipe. My German Apple Pancake recipe is so easy, so quick, and so absolutely wunderbar! If you have company. this will impress them. Enjoy a big brunch at your home without the hours of work with this easy and tasteful German Pancake with Caramelized Pears. These mini German Apple Pancakes are fluffy, custardy European pancakes baked in muffin tins then loaded with caramelized apples and topped with delectable streusel – does it get any better?!