Up-us.info – Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8. These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they’re so simple to make. A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork, chicken and other entrees. —Cris O’Brien, Virginia Beach, Virginia. The best potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes are russets; they have the most starch and make the creamiest sauce.
You can use a mandoline slicer if you have. Potatoes au Gratin is the ultimate potato recipe! French classic with layers of thinly sliced potato, cream, butter, garlic and cheese, you can’t go Potatoes au Gratin – forget scalloped potatoes, THIS is the creme de la creme of all potato recipes!! You can have Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8 using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8
- It’s 1 pound of potatoes.
- Prepare 3 cup of milk.
- Prepare 2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need To taste of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of cornstarch.
Also known as Dauphinoise Potatoes, this French. This easy Potatoes Au Gratin recipe is made with thinly sliced potatoes, a creamy cheese sauce, and topped with sharp cheddar cheese. Au gratin potatoes are one of the greatest casseroles of all time. Tender, fluffy potatoes are bathed in a rich and creamy cheese sauce, then baked in a If you thought au gratin potatoes required some special technique or hours over the stove, let me walk you through the easy step-by-step process for.
Potatoes Au Gratin Batch 8 step by step
- Preheat oven 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel and slice the potatoes thinly..
- Heat the 3 cups of milk with the potatoes in it. Bring to boil then turn down to a simmer just keep the milk hot till potatoes are fork tender..
- Take the potatoes out of the milk..
- In an oven safe dish spray the bottom and sides with nonstick spray. Layer the bottom with a layer of sliced potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Add 1 teaspoon cornstarch.
- Add half the cheese..
- Then a layer of potatoes, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, salt and pepper to taste. Add the rest of the cheese..
- Pour the milk mixture over the potatoes..
- Add the sour cream to the 1/2 cup of milk and blend well..
- Pour sour cream milk mixture over the top..
- Put into oven for 80-90 minutes..
- Let rest for 10 minutes. Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
Potatoes Au Gratin with tender layers of buttery potatoes, bacon and onions cocooned in melty Gruyere cheese drowned in cream that has been simmered with fresh herbs and then topped with bubbly golden Gruyere cheese. A MUST side dish for Easter! Need I say more? (In addition to a tasty potatoes au gratin recipe, we’re sharing about our favorite toaster oven pans and baking dishes. But Lynda made her suggestion in July and it’s almost Thanksgiving in the US. So below is our basic small batch recipe and what we’ve learned so far about baking potatoes au gratin.