Onion soup au gratin. In a large nonstick pan over medium-low heat, saute onions and butter stirring occasionally until golden brown and caramelized. Onions Au Gratin. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Distribute soup into oven safe bowls, place a slice of bread on top of each bowl and sprinkle a thick layer of cheese on top of bread.
Once blended, transfer mixture back to a saucepan and heat to desired temperature. Loaded with taste, this Onion Soup Au Gratin recipe is a real temptation! Best enjoyed as an appetizer, this recipe was taught to me by a dear friend who also happens to be a great chef. You can have Onion soup au gratin using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Onion soup au gratin
- You need 2 dozen of Bermuda onions.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 11/2 quarts of strong beef stock.
- You need of Salt pepper Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Celery salt.
- It’s of Paprika.
I love a hot bowl of French onion soup and am also a fan of pizza after busy workdays. This recipe combines classic onion soup ingredients with everyday pizza staples. Try this Onion Soup Au Gratin recipe, or contribute your own. In a large saucepan, combine butter and oil over medium heat.
Onion soup au gratin instructions
- Peel onions under water slice thin fry in butter until brown.
- Add flour mixed with butter to onions.
- Add stock cook in double boiler.
- Serve hot with grated cheese and paprika.
Broccoli Soup au Gratin – Thin to Win! It was one of those weeks. The real reason for less obesity in France is that the French eat less and enjoy it more. A little potato gratin, gooey with cream, is enough to have on the side of three. Stay warm with this GREAT French onion soup!