Up-us.info – Whole wheat Spicy Turkey Enchiladas. You can cook Whole wheat Spicy Turkey Enchiladas using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole wheat Spicy Turkey Enchiladas
- It’s 1 lb. of ground turkey.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 1 of large jalapeño pepper.
- It’s 8 of whole wheat tortillas.
- You need 4 tablespoons of hot sauce (tapatillo and chulula work best).
- You need of ground cumin.
- You need of paprika.
- You need of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 cup of enchilada sauce (or tomato based sauce/salsa).
- It’s of garlic powder.
- You need of Fresh or dried Oregano.
Whole wheat Spicy Turkey Enchiladas instructions
- In a large stop top skillet: add olive oil and ground turkey. While meat is cooking dice up your onions and jalapeños and set aside. Once meat has browned drain the juices and add your seasonings, mix thoroughly..
- Add onions and jalapeños to the skillet and continue to cook on medium (covered) until the onions are soft. Add hot sauce to the skillet and mix until everything is covered in sauce. Continue to cook until filling is the desired doneness..
- On a microwave safe dish, heat 4 tortillas at a time for 20 seconds so they become easier to work with. Assemble all of your ingredients and lay out a baking dish to rest the enchiladas in..
- Take a handful of filling and spread it out lengthwise on a tortilla, making sure the filling ends at the middle running the length of the tortilla, an inch wide and a half inch tall. Wrap up and set into dish. Repeat until all toquitos are rolled..
- If you have enchilada sauce, add it to the top. If not: take some marinara sauce and mix in some ground cumin, oregano, paprika and chili powder. Spread mixture over top of the rolled tortillas..
- Bake on 350 degrees f. For 20 minutes, or longer if you prefer crunchy tortillas. Let rest for 5-10 minutes and enjoy!.