Best shepherds pie. The Best Classic Shepherd’s Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes. Truy the BEST shepherd’s pie recipe — made with tender beef, lots and lots of veggies, creamy Even better, so many of you had shepherd’s pie tips and recipes that you were willing to share with. Shepherd’s Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton.
This is the best shepherds pie recipe I’ve ever had, and it comes from a friend who was a whiz at pinching pennies without sacrificing hearty flavor.—Valerie Merrill, Topeka, Kansas. This easy shepherd’s pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. Every bit as good as what Ive purchased in Irish restaurants. You can cook Best shepherds pie using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best shepherds pie
- You need 2 of packages ground beef.
- It’s 1/3 of red onion.
- Prepare 3 of small mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of can of peas and carrots.
- It’s 6 of bacon strips.
- You need 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 2 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of kitchen bouquet browning and seasoning sauce.
- Prepare 3 of packages instant potatoes.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of parmesan cheese flakes.
I made a few crutial changes to this. Topped with creamy, fluffy mashed potatoes. The perfect hearty entree for colder weather. Our test kitchen’s best shepherd’s pie recipe has a super savory ground meat and vegetable filling A massive casserole of meat and vegetables, topped with a mashed-potato crust, shepherd’s pie is.
Best shepherds pie instructions
- Cook bacon and set aside.
- Brown beef in bacon fat with onions, mushrooms, garlic, peas, and carrots, and sauces.
- Now spread mixture into a 9 13×9 pan cut bacon into bite size pieces and cream on top now set aside.
- Cook potatoes as directed, then spread on top of beef cover with çheese and bake at 375 for approx 20 – 25 minutes or until cheese browns, may have to broil for a couple minutes.
- Let sit 5 minutes and enjoy.
Subscribe to BBC Good Food magazine and get triple-tested recipes delivered to your door, every month. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd’s pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. Easiest Cheddar Shepherds Pie. by TammieV. From easy Shepherds Pie recipes to masterful Shepherds Pie preparation techniques, find Shepherds Pie ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection. Serve the shepherd’s pie hot with the cabbage piled alongside.