Up-us.info – Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style. Rustle up a rice salad as a main or side dish. From rice tabbouleh to warm salads, using brown Kofta-style kebabs with feta, harissa and onion, served with a wholesome basmati rice flavoured with Made from wild red Camargue rice, cashew nuts, lime juice, spring onions and coriander, this..on Yummly Cold Rice Salad, Cold Rice Salad, Cold Thai Rice Salad With Spicy Peanut Sauce And Cashews.
Inventive Vegetarian’s Apple Walnut Salad Wild Rice Salad with Chicken, Dried Cherries. This cold wild rice salad is tossed in an orange vinaigrette, with crisp celery and apples, crunchy pecans, and sweet cranberries. It’s loaded with filling fiber, crunchy pecans, and sweet apples and dried cranberries for lots of flavor and texture in each bite! You can cook Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped apple.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed cardamom seeds (optional).
- It’s 1/4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of coconut oil.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tbs of chaat masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of jaggery paste (brown sugar would also work).
- It’s 1/4 of of a medium red onion, finely diced.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need of Yogurt (optional).
An easy side dish to take to picnics, potlucks or just enjoy at home is this recipe for cold Thai rice salad. This rice salad with cashews has a spicy. Wash and sort the lettuce and leave to drain. Lightly toast the cashews in a dry frying pan.
Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style step by step
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, then add the cardamom, cumin, coriander, and mustard, and bloom until fragrant, about 30 sec to a minute..
- Lower heat to low-medium, add in rice, then season to taste with salt. Add in turmeric and chaat masala, and mix. Heat for about five minutes, mixing often, then remove from heat..
- Peel and core the apple and cut into small chunks. Melt butter and stir in jaggery paste until dissolved, then add apples. Coat well and cook over medium-high heat until apples turn brown and tender but are still firm (3 to 5 mins)..
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, apples, chopped cashews, and diced onions. Refrigerate until cool..
- Just before serving, add mint and mix thoroughly. Serve as is or with yogurt on the side..
Line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with the rice salad. Served sprinkled with the cashews and the remaining parsley. Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again, then combine with vegetables in a large bowl. Remove from heat and stir wild rice with bell pepper mixture. Add dressing ingredients and shake well.