Squash Gratin. This gratin is the perfect way to use up an abundance of summer squash. More gratin recipes I love are classic scallop potato au gratin, spinach gratin, brussels sprouts gratin and Winter veggie gratin. Merritt’s Butternut Squash Gratin. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Recipe: Summer Squash Gratin. by Kelli Foster. Yet, again and again I always come back to the humble gratin. Crispy bread crumbs add a bit of crunch to tender slices of butternut squash seasoned with garlic and Parmesan. You can cook Squash Gratin using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Squash Gratin
- You need 1 of delicata squash.
- You need 1/2 of butternut squash.
- It’s 2 of Yukon gold potatoes.
- You need 1 can of evaporated goats milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 of small sweet onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- You need 1 tsp of finely chopped fresh rosemary.
- It’s 2 tbsp of nutritional yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sazon seasoning.
- You need of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. Layer squash in baking dish, sprinkling some of salt and pepper between each layer. Remove foil from baking dish and preheat broiler. This gratin from F&W’s Kay Chun features long spears of squash topped with panko and cheese and baked until tender and crisp.
Squash Gratin instructions
- Preheat oven to 385°.
- In a large cast iron skillet heat 1 tbsp oil. Finely slice the onion and garlic and cook until soft..
- Stir in the tomato paste. Once well mixed add the goats milk, rosemary and nutritional yeast..
- Simmer for 10 minutes and remove from heat..
- Chop the squashes and potatoes into 1/4 inch slices while the sauce is simmering..
- Pour the sauce into a bowl to use later..
- Layer the squash and potatoes in the cast iron skillet alternating as you go..
- Dust the squash with sazon seasoning..
- Once the skillet is full evenly pour the sauce across the top..
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour..
- After an hour remove the foil and lightly sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for 10 minutes..
- Let cool and dig in!.
This Roasted Butternut Squash Gratin is a wonderful, lighter side dish recipe for your holiday table. Many Thanksgiving side dishes tend to be a bit heavy. It makes an excellent crusty topping for gratins like this one and macaroni and cheese. Butternut Squash Gratin: A New Family Favorite Side Dish. T oday’s post is going to be brief!