Up-us.info – Scones. Scones with jam and whipped cream, a substitute for clotted cream as commonly eaten in a Thus, scone may derive from the Middle Dutch schoonbrood (fine white bread), from schoon (pure. Scones are the easiest British teatime treat and chances are that you will have all the ingredients for this recipe already. This scone recipe makes a scone that is similar to what you find in all the coffeehouses these days.
Authentic British scones aren’t eaten for breakfast. British scones are small nibbles that are fairly plain on their own, but are classically eaten with jam and clotted cream, making for a real treat. These American Scones bake up tall and fluffy with soft interiors and crisp exteriors. You can cook Scones using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Scones
- You need 2 of eggs beated.
- You need 150 g of melted butter.
- It’s 4 Cups of self raising flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 400 ml of plain Greek yogurt.
This post may contain affiliate links. These scones are made with a food processor which is not only faster, it eliminates the risk of This is how I make plain scones. Make the best ever scones with these expert tips and advice for troubleshooting common problems, from ingredients to mixing, shaping, and baking. Try our savoury scones, cheese scones, fruit scones and more.
- Mix butter,eggs, yoghurt and combine well. Combine the dry ingredients together by sifting through a sieve..
- Open a well in the flour and pour the liquids,mix well using your hands until combined..
- The mixture will remain slightly sticky so turn on a floured surface and spread evenly using a rolling pin..
- Roll out until the dough is about 1.5cm thick.Cut out the dough using a cookie cutter into even circles..
- Place flat on a greased pan. Brush the top of scones with milk just slightly ensuring the milk only covers the top of the scones..
- Bake at 190°C for 10-15 minutes until golden brown..
We have scones for every taste and occasion – from traditional buttermilk scones to chocolate chip. Scone Recipes – Tea Scone Recipes – Scone Recipe Index. Scones are so very easy to make and so delicious! Great for breakfast, tea time, or just any time you feel like scones. ; Scones. Watch how to make a basic, plain scone recipe you can use to turn into any flavor you’d like!