Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast. You can have Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast
- You need 2-3 lbs of Boneless Blade Roast or Chuck Roast (Trimmed).
- You need 2 of Medium Onions Quartered or Coarsely Chopped.
- You need 6 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- You need 5 Sprigs of Thyme.
- It’s 2 lb of Yukon Gold Potatoes Peeled & Diced 1-2″ Cubes.
- It’s 4 of Large Carrots or One Bag Baby Carrots Cut into 1″ Pieces.
- It’s 32 oz of Carton Beef Broth (use less if you like less gravy).
- You need 2 Tbs of Dijon Mustard.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Organic All Purpose Flour.
- You need 4-6 of Beef Bouillon Cubes or 4-6 tsp Bouillon Powder.
- You need 1 Cup of Red Wine.
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- You need of Garlic Powder.
Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast step by step
- Season all sides of Beef Roast with Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder. Season to your taste..
- Heat Olive Oil in skillet over Medium to Medium High heat. Brown all sides of roast. Place Roast in a large Crock-Pot..
- On top of Roast, layer in Onions, Garlic, Potatoes, Thyme, Carrots, Bouillon Cubes, and Bay Leaf. Pour in Red Wine. Add some Salt and Pepper. Remember, the Bouillon adds a lot of Sodium, so you won’t need as much Salt..
- In a separate cup or bowl, pour in around a cup of the Beef Broth. Add in Flour, Dijon, and Brown Sugar. Whisk until mixed. Pour into Crock-Pot along with the rest of the Broth..
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the vegetables are soft and the gravy has thickened. The longer it cooks, the better. Taste for seasoning, and add more if needed. Remove Bay Leaf and Thyme Stems, before serving..