Mincemeat pie. A mince pie (also mincemeat pie in New England, and fruit mince pie in Australia and New Zealand) is a sweet pie of English origin, filled with a mixture of dried fruits and spices called “mincemeat”. Christmas without mince pies is unimaginable. Mincemeat is a classic pie flavor that traditionally contains fruit, pecans, brandy and citrus zest.
We share the history and show you how to make this sweet, flavorful pie to share with your loved ones. Get our best mincemeat pie recipe here. Mincemeat Pies: The Stars of My Holiday Dessert Table. You can cook Mincemeat pie using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mincemeat pie
- Prepare of pie filling.
- You need 8 oz of chopped cooked meat.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of suet.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of dried currants or red currant jelly.
- It’s 1/2 cup of candied citron.
- Prepare 1 pints of pared apples.
- Prepare 1 cup of apple juice or apple cider.
- Prepare 1 medium of lemon , the juice and zest I used a Meyer lemon.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar, packed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of allspice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of peach pickle juice.
- Prepare of crust.
- It’s 2 of nine inch pie crust.
Country Mince Pie from our Throwback Thanksgiving feature. Country Mince Pie from our Throwback Thanksgiving feature. Take the top of every other strip and fold it back halfway. These cute little Mince Pies, also known as Mincemeat Tarts, are made with a crisp and buttery pie pastry and a really good mincemeat.
Mincemeat pie step by step
- Cook the meat till done I cook this in the suet.
- In a saucepan add all ingredients except crust and peach pickle juice.
- Cook slowly for 1 1/4 hours stirring frequently then add peach pickle juice https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/358090-sweet-pickled-peaches.
- Bake the bottom crust 30-35 minutes add filling cover with the other pie crust bake till top crust is done make sure to put steam vent holes in top of crust.
- Mine cooked in oven 6 inches off bottom of oven for 25 minutes.
Mary Berry’s mince pies will win any Christmas get-together. These Christmassy bites have delicious orangey pastry and grated marzipan on top! They brought home a variety of oriental spices. With links to recipes for Aimee’s fresh mincemeat. I have so many holiday memories of making miniature mince pies growing up, but we never made our own mincemeat.