Up-us.info – Potatoes Au Gratin. You can have Potatoes Au Gratin using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potatoes Au Gratin
- You need 6 of Russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Salt & pepper to taste.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Butter.
- It’s 3 tbsp of All purpose floor.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 cup of Milk.
- It’s 2 cup of Shredded cheddar cheese.
Potatoes Au Gratin step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Butter a 9×13 casserole dish..
- Sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent..
- Layer half of the potatoes in bottom of casserole dish. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Top with onion/garlic mixture, and add the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper..
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in flour and salt, stir constantly with whisk for 1 minute. Stir in milk. Cook until mixture has thickened. Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30-60 seconds. Pour cheese over the potatoes. Cover with aluminum foil..
- Bake 1 hour in preheated oven..