Up-us.info – Eggplant salad. Fried Eggplant Salad with Feta What’s the secret to this delicious Mediterranean-inspired salad? Roasted eggplant salad, is such a great treat all year round. This is a recipe my mother used to make pretty often especially for holiday tables, or family gatherings as it can be made in advance.
Many cuisines feature eggplant salads and appetizers. This Mediterranean grilled eggplant salad is zesty and delicious! Serve it as a side dish, or as a vegetarian main dish over greens and couscous. You can cook Eggplant salad using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Eggplant salad
- It’s 1 of large eggplant.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of cucumbers.
- It’s 1 of red onion.
- It’s 2 cups of color peppers.
- You need Cup of fresh parsely.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh pomegranate.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- You need of Dressing.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of pomegranate molasses.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of HP steak sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of Virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt or more.
Baked eggplant, peeled and chopped, then tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette with basil and oregano. And when I do, I make this salad. The eggplant is tossed with olive oil and a touch of vinegar, smoked paprika and cumin, and roasted until soft and buttery. Eggplant Salad or Ensaladang Talong is a simple Filipino Salad composed of grilled eggplant, tomatoes, and onions.
Eggplant salad instructions
- To get rid of the bitter part of eggplant first peel some line not all of it and then do cut it slice bite size put them in colander sprinkle them lightly 1/2 teaspoon salt let them set about 15 minutes.
- Wash eggplant from the salt dry in paper towels and deep fry till crispy let them drain on paper towel.
- You could fried the onions but I like them fresh and crispy add all the vegetables.
- Mix all ingredients of the dressing add on top of the vegetables when you ready to eat.
This is eaten as a side dish and is best if partnered with grilled dishes such as. Delicious eggplant salad, or I’d say it’s more of an appetizer, from Armenian cuisine called: Սխտորած (skhtorats) , coming from the word garlic. As you would guess, it is flavored with that significant veggie. This hearty eggplant salad is delicious served warm or cold. Summer is the best time for eggplant so it’s a perfect way to show them off during peak season.