Up-us.info – Kale Gratin with Bacon. You can cook Kale Gratin with Bacon using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kale Gratin with Bacon
- It’s 1 bunch of Kale (chopped).
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Bread Crumbs.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Grated Parmisiano.
- Prepare 1 cup of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Black Pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Nutmeg (eyeball it).
- It’s 5 slice of Bacon (cooked and crumbled).
Kale Gratin with Bacon step by step
- Cook the bacon on a skillet; crumble bacon into pieces; then set aside. Keep a tablespoon of bacon grease to use later..
- Preheat the broiler to LOW but place the oven rack on the second shelf down from the heat source..
- Bring a few inches of water to a boil in a pot, add the kale and salt and cook for 5-6 minutes; drain and dry the greens..
- Return the pot to the stove over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of bacon grease to saute the garlic. Add the cream and bacon pieces. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper, then reduce heat..
- Cook the cream mixture to about 1/2 a cup. Add the cooked kale to the cream mixture; coat evenly. Transfer to a shallow casserole..
- In a bowl, mix the bread crumbs, parmesan, salt and pepper together. Add it on top of the creamed kale. Place it in the oven on the second shelf under the broiler. Cook for 5 minutes. Enjoy..