Up-us.info – Fresh Sweet Corn Salad. You can cook Fresh Sweet Corn Salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fresh Sweet Corn Salad
- You need 10-15 ears of corn, fresh is best (canned /frozen will work).
- It’s 8-10 of Cucumbers, roughly peeled and diced.
- It’s 15-20 of Cherry Tomatoes, quartered.
- You need 1 of large red pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of large green pepper, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion, diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 of jalapenos, minced.
- You need of Dressing:.
- You need 3 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Lime Juice.
- You need 1 1/2 Tbsp of Sugar.
Fresh Sweet Corn Salad step by step
- Get all your ingredients together, and use the counts and measurements in my ingredients list above loosely. If you have more corn or less cucumbers its still a salad :).
- If you are using fresh corn go ahead and blanch it for 5 minutes in boiling salted water, remove from pot to a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process. After the corn has cooled cut the kernels from the cob using the old bunt cake pan method..
- Then you peel, chop, dice all the veggies you are using. Place in a giant bowl and stir. I roughly peel my home grown cucumbers but if you are using store bought with the wax coating you are going to want to remove all the peeling..
- Put together dressing ingredients or use any store bought vinaigrette style dressing you want. If you are going to eat this all week (as I plan to) avoid adding salt until serving as it will pull moisture from the veggies and all the extra juice ruins the fresh taste. Also store in a flat cassarole style dish to prevent all those juices congregating at the bottom and ruining your presentation. I hope you enjoy!.