Up-us.info – Scottish Shortbread Cookies. You can cook Scottish Shortbread Cookies using 4 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scottish Shortbread Cookies
- You need 5 sticks of butter, unsalted at room temperature.
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 5 cups of flour.
Scottish Shortbread Cookies step by step
- Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in flour and salt. Dough will look crumbly..
- Pour entire bowl onto a cookie sheet. Spread out evenly over the entire sheet, pressing down, almost like making a crust. Should be about 1/2″ high. Poke every 2 inches with a fork..
- Place in oven at 275 degrees F for an hour, until slightly golden brown..
- Let cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes. Cut into squares or diamonds. A pizza cutter works great..