The Perfect Carbonara. You can have The Perfect Carbonara using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of The Perfect Carbonara
- You need 150 grams of Pancetta.
- It’s 100 grams of Parmigiana Reggiano.
- Prepare 3 large of Eggs.
- It’s 300 grams of Spaghetti or Linguine (bronze die is best).
- You need 2 large of fresh garlic cloves, crushed and chopped.
- You need 1 dash of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 of handful of flatleaf parsley, chopped..
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of lots of freshly ground pepper.
The Perfect Carbonara step by step
- In essence Carbonara is just pasta with eggs and bacon. Forget cream as it’s not needed. ☺.
- Boil water and salt to taste (be careful not to scold yourself). Add spaghetti and cook for 9 minutes or until al denti (to the tooth).
- Remove the rind and cut the pancetta into lardons (5-6mm little strips). Fry the lardons in olive oil over a medium heat until golden..
- Add the chopped garlic, parsley and black pepper and cook for 30 seconds..
- Add the cooked pasta to the pancetta, parsley and garlic as well as the beaten eggs and half the cheese. Mix well. If the mix is too stodgy you can always add a small amount of the pasta water to thin the sauce but be careful not to add to much..
- Add salt and pepper to taste and cook until the egg is partial cooked but still moist and creamy..
- Serve in warm serving bowl with the remaining cheese, black pepper, parsley and homemade garlic bread..