Up-us.info – Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins. Cue these blueberry oat bran muffins, which hit all four bases and, despite their good-for-you bran content, don’t taste like a punishment devised by some misguided flower-child baker. (But then I really like oat bran.) I should note — and this is a curse inflicted upon all muffins, sorry Tim — that. I looked and I can’t believe no one has posted this recipe here yet!! This is different from all the other recipes here, is not very dense and is not too sweet, allowing the wonderful bran flavor through.
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and For egg-free and vegan blueberry oat bran muffins, you can swap in your favorite egg white substitute for the eggs. Spray muffin tins with no stick. Add the yogurt mixture to the oat bran mixture and stir well. You can have Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins
- Prepare 2 cups of all purpose flour + 1 tbs for dusting blueberries.
- It’s 1 cup of coarse ground oat bran.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1 (5.3 oz) of container plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani).
- It’s 2/3 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 pint of fresh blueberries.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Combine the flour, oat bran, whole wheat flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. These muffins are packed with fiber from the ground almonds, flax and oat bran. Oat bran isn’t an ingredient I use that often, but I should!
Blueberry Oat Bran Muffins instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a standard size 12 count muffin tin with nonstick spray, including the entire top. Or line cups with paper liners. Either way you will want to spray the top to prevent sticking..
- In a medium bowl wisk together flour, oat bran, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside..
- In a large bowl wisk together milk and yogurt until smooth. Add brown sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla. Wisk to combine thoroughly..
- Add dry ingredients to wet mixture all at once. Using a wooden spoon stir together until just incorporated, with no dry patches remaining. It will be lumpy and that’s okay. You don’t want to over mix..
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile gently toss blueberries in 1 tbs flour to coat (this helps keep them from sinking to the bottom of the muffins). Gently fold into batter to distribute as evenly as possible..
- Gently spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling the wells to the top. I actually ended up with enough to also fill a 12 count mini muffin tin..
- Place in oven. Bake 25-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center (of a muffin in the middle of tin) comes out clean. Mine took about 28 min..
I have no trouble with blueberries, in fact she’d live off berries if she had a choice so it was a fair compromise to put blueberries in this muffin recipe. Blueberry Bran Muffins contain both white and whole wheat flours, along with wheat bran and fresh blueberries, that give these muffins a delicious If you like, sprinkle the tops of the muffins with a few flakes of rolled oats. Instead of those oversized, carb-loaded muffins, you can easily make a batch or two of better-for-you muffins in Grease your muffin tins or line them with paper muffin cups. Blueberry Banana Bran MuffinsNoshing With The Nolands. bananas, light sour cream, oat bran, ground flax. This healthy blueberry bran muffin recipe makes tender and moist muffins, studded with juicy blueberries.